Vertical Rock Outdoor School LLC (VROS) introduces our Outdoor Day Camp! ELEVATION
“ELEVATION” is a 5 day climbing camp that is a great way to get into the sport of outdoor rock climbing. Day campers will learn techniques, mechanics of rock climbing and an appreciation of the environment. The camp takes place at four different climbing areas: Carderock, Great Falls, Elizabeth Furnace and Vertical Rock. Climbers will experience all 4 climbing areas and will also learn how to identify the types of rock, flora/fauna, and other awesome facts about the area they are climbing in! An emphasis on the “Leave No Trace and Minimizing Climbing Impacts” principle are integrated into the program.
*Camp meets at 8:00 AM Monday through Friday at the VR Facility. Please arrive a few minutes early so we can leave as soon as possible to go climbing!
Spaces are limited. Please book your spots ASAP to get the date you request.
Siblings and current Vertical Rock Members receive a $25. discount off the cost of the session. To receive this discount, enter “vrsibling14” at the end of your check out.
*Essentials For the Camp:
1. Make sure a parent or legal guardian completes the Vertical Rock Outdoor School (VROS) Online Waiver before or on the FIRST day of camp. CLICK HERE FOR THE WAIVER LINK!
2. Comfortable athletic clothing that will keep the climber cool in the heat of the summer.
3. Tennis shoes, running shoes, boots. (NO OPEN TOE SHOES PERMITTED)
5. It is MANDATORY that each climber bring plenty of water, sports drink, a hearty lunch, and plenty of snacks as we will be burning a great deal of energy.
- Age: 12+
- Time: 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- 5 Days (Monday – Friday)
- Cost: $395. per session. Includes transportation from Vertical Rock to the crag, rental harness and supervision.
2014 SESSION DATES:
- Monday, June 23-27
- Monday, July 14-18
- Monday, July 28 – Aug 1
- Monday, Aug 4-8